GardaWorld’s Security Guard Training Quebec course content and duration
This flexible 70-hour training program must be completed before applying for the security guard licence issued by the BSP and it is mandatory for every person in Quebec wishing to perform security tasks (e.g. search and access control). This training applies to people who want to work for private security agencies as well as non-specialized employers.
Our Security Guard Training Quebec course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to private security in Quebec
- Role and tasks of a security guard
- Professionalism and customer service
- Communication and conflict management
- Report writing and note-taking
- Patrolling procedures
- Traffic management
- Use of force
- Legal aspects
- Electronic security systems
- Fire prevention and emergency measures
- Labor conflicts
- Access controls
- First aid
Please note that this course is only offered in French.
- Must be 18 years or older at the time of registration
- Must have no criminal record
- Must be able to read, write and speak in French
Would you prefer to take this course remotely? GardaWorld also offers Security Guard training online.