Nationwide demonstrations organized by the No Más AFP movement are slated to take place on Sunday, March 31, to denounce private pension funds. Demonstrations are expected on Sunday morning (local time) in the following cities:
- Antofagasta at Explanada de la Municipalidad from 11:00
- Arica at the intersection of Avenue Diego Portales and Santa María Street from 11:00
- Concepción at Plaza Independencia from 11:00
- Copiapó at the intersection of Alameda Manuel Antonio Matta and Bernardo O'Higgins from 11:00
- Curicó at Plaza de Armas from 11:00
- Iquique at the Intendencia Regional de Tarapacá
- Punta Arenas at the intersection of Avenue Cristobal Colón and Gobernador Carlos Bories from 12:00
- Rancagua at Plaza de los Héroes from 11:00
- San Antonio at Plaza de Barrancas from 11:00
- Santiago at Plaza Baquedano from 11:00
- Talca at Plaza La Victoria from 11:00
- Temuco at Plaza Dagoberto Godoy from 10:30
- Valdivia at Terminal Valdivia from 11:00
Additional demonstrations are possible in other urban areas on Sunday. A heightened security presence and localized traffic disruptions are to be expected near demonstration sites.
The No Más AFP movement was organized to protest Chile's privatized pension system, known as Administradoras de Fondos de Pensiones (AFP). The movement has called for the nationalization of the pension system.
Individuals in Chile are advised to monitor developments to the situation, avoid all protests and demonstrations as a precaution, and adhere to all instructions issued by the local authorities.
Copyright and Disclaimer