Melbourne Metro Trains will undergo construction throughout July, resulting in station and line closures across the area. Significant transportation disruptions and limited service are expected. Buses will replace train service, though delays and crowded conditions are likely. Some road closures in the metropolitan Melbourne area are also expected as workers continue construction on Melbourne Metro Tunnel projects.
The scheduled maintenance work includes:
- June 24 to July 7: Ballarat line will close between Wendouree and Southern Cross
- July 6 to July 14: Pakenham & Cranbourne and Frankston lines will close between Flinders Street and Caulfield
- July 13 to July 14: Pakenham & Cranbourne line closure will extend to Westall station and Frankston line closure will extend to Moorabbin station
- July 20 to July 28: the southern portion of the Frankston line will close between Mordialloc and Frankston
- July 20 to August 4: Reservoir station on the South Morang line will be closed
Further information can be found at the Metro Trains website.
Individuals in Melbourne are advised to monitor local transport reports, anticipate transportation disruptions, seek alternative modes of transportation, if necessary, and allow additional time to reach their destination.
Copyright and Disclaimer