The electric energy distribution company Meralco has announced that maintenance works scheduled between Tuesday, August 20, and Sunday, August 25, will cause power interruptions in various parts of the country. In Metro Manila, these include:
- Parts of the Tondo neighborhood in Manila on Wednesday, August 21, between 08:30 and 14:30 (local time)
- Parts of Taguig City on August 21, between 10:00 and 15:00
- Parts of Makati City on Thursday, August 22, between 10:00 and 15:00
- Parts of Quezon City on Saturday, August 24, between 09:00 and 16:00
- Parts of the Santa Cruz, Tondo, and Binondo neighborhoods in Manila on Sunday, August 25, between 08:00 and 14:00, and the Santa Ana neighborhood between 08:30 and 14:30
- Parts of the Kapitolyo neighborhood in Pasig City on August 25, between 10:00 and 16:00
- Parts of the Del Monte neighborhood in Quezon City on August 25, between 09:00 and 14:00
Power interruptions are due in other areas including in Pasig City, Marikina City, Quezon City, San Juan City, Bulacan, Cavite, Lugana, Rizal province, and Batangas province. For more detailed information regarding which specific streets will be affected, see here.
Associated disruptions, including commercial, transportation, and telecommunications services, are likely during the power interruptions.
Individuals in the affected areas are advised to monitor the situation, conserve power on battery-operated devices and keep them fully charged when possible, anticipate transportation and commercial disruptions, and adhere to all instructions issued by the local authorities.
Copyright and Disclaimer