Officials in Kyiv have announced several road closures between Thursday, August 22, and Saturday, August 24, ahead of National Flag Day held on Friday, August 23, and Independence Day on Saturday. Closures include:
- Bohdana Khmel'nyts'koho Street, St. Michael's Street, Triokhsviatytelska Street, and Kostolna Street on August 22 from 18:00 to 23:00 (local time)
- Khreschatyk Street on August 22 from 18:00 to 23:00, on August 23 from 07:00, and on August 24 from 08:00 to 22:00
- Rusanivs'kyi Boulevard on August 23 from 07:00 to 18:00
- Rusanivska Embankment on August 24 from 07:00 to 13:00
- Volodymyrska Street from August 24 to August 25
Other road closures are expected in the surrounding areas. A heightened security presence and localized transportation disruptions are expected in the capital during the celebrations. Further celebratory events and associated disruptions are also likely in major urban areas around the country.
Individuals in Ukraine, particularly in Kyiv, are advised to monitor the situation, anticipate increased travel times due to high traffic and increased security measures, and adhere to any instructions issued by the local authorities. Be alert and report any suspicious objects or behavior to the local authorities.
Copyright and Disclaimer