Student activists are planning a nationwide strike on Friday, September 20, to demand government action against climate change. Participants have also called for several protests including:
- 12:00 (local time) at Victoria Square in Adelaide
- 13:00 at Queens Gardens in Brisbane
- 12:00 at Glebe Park in Canberra
- 13:00 at Parliament House in Darwin
- 12:00 at Parliament House in Hobart
- 14:00 at Treasury Gardens in Melbourne
- 11:00 at Forrest Place in Perth
- 12:00 at The Domain in Sydney
Other protests are planned in major urban areas around the country. A heightened security presence and localized transport disruptions are expected in near all protest sites.
Individuals in Australia are advised to monitor the situation, avoid all protests and demonstrations as a precaution, anticipate localized traffic disruptions and a heightened security presence near demonstration sites, and adhere to all instructions issued by the local authorities.
Copyright and Disclaimer