Demonstrations related to the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women are being organized throughout Spain from Friday, November 22, through Monday, November 25. Associated rallies are scheduled to be held in the following cities (all times local):
- Madrid – A march at 19:00 on November 22, from the Ministry of Education to the Ministry of Justice and a demonstration at 11:30 on Sunday, November 24, at Plaza del Campillo del Mundo Nuevo
- Valencia – Supporters will rally at 22:00 on Saturday, November 23, from Plaça San Valero in Russafa
- Barcelona – A march will take place at 18:30 on November 25 from Jardinets de Gràcia to Plaça Catalunya
- Salamanca – A rally will be held at 19:00 on November 25 at Plaza de la Concordia
- Zaragoza – Activists will protest at 19:30 on November 25 at Plaza Spain
A heightened security presence and localized traffic disruptions are anticipated around all demonstrations.
The UN General Assembly has recognized November 25 as the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women.
Individuals in Spain are advised to keep abreast of the situation, avoid all public demonstrations as a precaution, and anticipate localized disruptions.
Copyright and Disclaimer