Activists are planning several nationwide rallies on Friday, January 10, to call for more funding and aid for firefighters, as well as demanding government action against climate change. Protests are expected to take place in major urban centers, including :
- 18:00 (local time) in front of the State Library in Melbourne
- 17:00 in front of the Parliament House in Adelaide
- 17:30 in front of the Town Hall in Sydney
- 17:30 at Garema Place in Canberra
- 17:00 at King George Square in Brisbane
- 17:30 at Forest Place in Perth
- 17:30 in front of the City Hall in Newcastle
- 17:30 at Malop Saint Mall in Geelong
- 17:30 in Town Green in Port Macquarie
In Melbourne (Victoria), authorities have asked protesters not to rally on Friday in order to allow police services to focus on the ongoing fire emergency, without officially calling off the protest.
A heightened security presence and localized transport disruptions are expected in near all protest sites.
Individuals in Australia are advised to monitor the situation, avoid all protests and demonstrations as a precaution, anticipate localized traffic disruptions and a heightened security presence near demonstration sites, and adhere to all instructions issued by the local authorities.
Copyright and Disclaimer