Demonstrations against government restrictions put in place to curb the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) have been called for in major cities across Australia on Saturday, August 15. Protests will reportedly be held at Anzac or war memorials and it is indicated they will be held at the following locations:
- Adelaide: Dardanelles Memorial, Kintore Avenue
- Brisbane: Anzac Square and Memorial Gates, 285 Ann Street
- Canberra: Australian War Memorial
- Darwin: Cenotaph War Memorial, Bicentennial Park
- Hobart: Cenotaph, Anzac Parade
- Perth: State War Memorial, Kings Park
- Sydney: Anzac Memorial, Hyde Park
While it is unclear how well-attended the protests are likely to be, police are likely to attempt to disperse the gatherings as they contravene restrictions in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Localized disruptions are also possible in the vicinity of the demonstrations.
Those in Australia's major cities are advised to monitor developments to the situation, avoid all demonstrations as a precaution, anticipate potential disruption to the provision of medical services, and adhere to all directives issued by local authorities.
Copyright and Disclaimer