Demonstrators intend to gather across Australia on Saturday, September 5, to denounce coronavirus disease (COVID-19) restrictions. Despite authorities stating that the rallies are illegal in certain locations due to COVID-19 restrictions, demonstrations will likely be held in the following locations (all local time):
- Adelaide: Intersection of Rundle Street and East Terrace, 12:00
- Brisbane: City Botanic Gardens, 13:00
- Canberra: Old Parliament House, 12:00
- Hobart: Parliament House, 12:00
- Melbourne: Shrine of Remembrance, 11:00
- Perth: Parliament House, 11:00
- Sydney: Cathy Freeman Park, 14:00
Demonstrations are to be anticipated in other major urban centers in Australia on September 5. Localized transport disruptions should be anticipated in the vicinity of any gatherings, along with a heightened security presence.
Those in Australia are advised to monitor developments, avoid all protests as a precaution, and adhere to all instructions issued by local authorities.
Copyright and Disclaimer