A civil society group will lead demonstrations in cities across the country on Saturday, October 17, to denounce the privatization of healthcare services. The Anti-privatization Coordinator of Health (CAS) has called for protest action in the following locations (all times local):
- Barcelona: Participants to demonstrate at Plaça de Sant Jaume from 12:00
- Córdoba: Participants to form human chain from the Provincial Hospital to the Reina Sofia Hospital from 11:30
- León: Participants to march from Casa Botines to the Government Subdelegation at 12:00
- Madrid: Participants to march from Atocha Station to Puerta del Sol at 12:00
- Málaga: Participants to demonstrate outside the Regional Hospital from 12:00
- Pamplona: Demonstrators to gather at Principe de Viana Center from 11:00
- Seville: Demonstrators to gather at Andalusian Health Service on Avenida de la Constitución from 12:00
- Valladolid: Protesters to gather at Plaza de la Danza from 12:00
A heightened police presence is to be expected in the vicinity of the demonstrations, and additional protests in other cities across the country should be anticipated. Likely protest hotspots include outside public hospitals, in public squares, and outside government offices. Localized disruptions, including potential disruptions to medical services, are to be anticipated.
Those in Spain are advised to monitor developments, avoid demonstrations as a precaution, anticipate possible disruptions to transport and medical services on October 17, and adhere to all instructions issued by local authorities.
Copyright and Disclaimer