On Wednesday, November 18, women's rights organizations plan to hold rallies across the country to support abortion rights. The planned rallies are likely to attract hundreds of participants, and have been organized in the following locations (all times local):
- In Buenos Aires, participants will gather from 18:00 outside Congress
- Participants in Bahía Blanca will gather from 18:00 at Plaza Rivadavid
- In Bariloche, protesters will gather from 17:30 at Las Victorias, Villa Los Coihues, and at KM 18 on Avenida Exequiel Bustillo ending at the central beach
- In Córdoba, demonstrators are expected to gather from 17:00 on the intersection of Avenida General Paz and La Tablada
- In La Plata, participants are expected to gather from 17:00 on the intersection of Avenida 32 and Calle 120
- In Mar Del Plata, demonstrators are expected from 18:00 at Plaza San Martin
- In Ushuaia, participants are expected from 18:00 at Cartel Ushuaia
A heightened security presence should be expected in the vicinity of all protest sites. While the demonstrations are likely to remain peaceful, localized disruptions to travel and business services are possible and clashes between security forces and protesters cannot be ruled out.
Those in Argentina are advised to monitor the situation, anticipate localized disruptions to transport in the vicinity of demonstration sites, and adhere to all instructions issued by local authorities.
Copyright and Disclaimer