Crime levels in Peru typically increase during the weeks surrounding the Christmas and New Year holidays. The National Police has issued a series of recommendations for keeping safe and avoiding becoming the victim of theft this holiday season in Peru:
- Only bring what is necessary outside on the street;
- Keep money, keys, cell phones, and identification in different places, preferably in inside pockets;
- Never leave personal items unattended;
- Protect your PIN number when entering it at ATMs;
- Maintain awareness of surroundings to ensure you are not being followed;
- Call out for help if attacked or robbed on the street to attract attention.
Individuals in Peru are advised to be particularly vigilant during the holiday period, particularly in crowded public places.
Copyright and Disclaimer