A union representing workers at Renfe, the national rail operator, has called for a series of six strikes to take place in the first half of March. The current strike schedule is as follows:
- Friday, March 2, from 00:01 to 23:59 (local time)
- Friday, March 9, from noon to 16:00 and from 18:00 to 22:00
- Sunday, March 11, from 19:00 to 23:00
- Monday, March 12, from 05:00 to 09:00, from 14:00 to 16:00, and from 18:00 to 22:00
- Tuesday, March 13, from 05:30 to 09:30, from 13:00 to 15:00, and from 19:00 to 23:00
- Wednesday, March 14, from 06:00 to 10:00
Reduced services, delays, and cancelations are possible during and following the above periods throughout the country.
Travelers are advised to confirm rail timetables on strike days and to allow for extra time to reach their destinations.