A 48-hour strike by farmers is set to take place nationwide on Monday, June 11, and Tuesday, June 12. Associated protests and roadblocks are expected, including on city streets and highways (rutas). At least 34 such protests are to be anticipated beginning on Monday.
- In the capital Montevideo: at the intersection of Bulevar España and Rambla República del Perú.
- In Artigas department: in Colonia Palma on Ruta 3 and on Ruta 30
- In Canelones department: at the intersection of Ruta 5 and Ruta 11
- In Cerro Largo department: in Colonia Wilson on Ruta 44; in Melo on Ruta 8; in Río Branco on Ruta 26
- In Colonia department: at the Cufré tollbooths on Ruta 1
- In Durazno department: at the intersection of Ruta 5 and Ruta 14; in Sarandí del Yí at the intersection of Ruta 6 and Ruta 14
- In Flores department: in Cerro Colorado on Ruta 3
- In Florida department: in Sarandí Grande at the intersection of Ruta 5 and Ruta 42; in the city of Florida at the intersection of Ruta 5 and Ruta 56; in Reboledo at the intersection of Ruta 7 and Ruta 56
- In Lavalleja department: in Minas at the intersection of Ruta 8 and Ruta 12; in José Pedro Varela at the intersection of Ruta 8 and Ruta 14
- In Maldonado department: at the Solís tollbooths; in San Carlos at the intersection of Ruta 9 and Ruta 39
- In Paysandú department: on Ruta 3 in Quebracho and in the city of Paysandú
- In Río Negro department: in Young on Ruta 3; in Fray Bentos at the intersection of Ruta 2 and Ruta 24
- In Rivera department: in Manuel Díaz on Ruta 5
- In Rocha department: in Cebollatí on Ruta 15; in 18 de Julio on Ruta 19; in Rocha at the intersection of Ruta 9 and Ruta 15
- In Salto department: in La Gaviota on Ruta 3
- In San José department: in the city of San José at the intersection of Ruta 1 and Ruta 3
- In Soriano department: in Cardona at the intersection of Ruta 2 and Ruta 12
- In Tacuarembó department: at the intersection of Ruta 5 and Ruta 26; in Ansina on Ruta 26; in Paso de los Toros at the Ruta 5 tollbooths
- In Treinta y Tres department: in Santa Clara de Olimar on Ruta 7; in the city of Treinta y Tres at the intersection of Ruta 8 and Ruta 98
Significant traffic disruptions and low-intensity violence, e.g. scuffles between protesters and police, are possible.
The strike has been called for by the Un Solo Uruguay movement.
Individuals in Uruguay are advised to avoid all protests and roadblocks and allow for extra time to reach their destinations.
Copyright and Disclaimer