Airport workers at Glasgow Airport (GLA) announced a new round of strikes through the first part of July on Sunday, June 30, after talks failed with airport management. GLA security officers, fire safety workers, airfield operations officers, and engineering technicians are all planning to participate in the industrial action, which is expected to cause flight disruptions. As of June 30, the full strike schedule will include:
- Wednesday, July 3 - between 08:00 and 12:00 (local time)
- Friday, July 5 - between 09:30 and 15:30
- Thursday, July 11 - between 15:30 and 17:30
- Friday, July 12 - between 05:30 and 09:30
- Saturday, July 13 - between 07:00 and 11:00
- Sunday, July 14 - between 16:00 and 20:00
- Monday, July 15- between 05:30 and 09:30
It is unclear when negotiations will resume between the union and airport management. Flight delays and cancelations, as well as disruptions to airport operations, are possible during the strikes.
Individuals flying to or from GLA are advised to keep abreast of the situation, confirm flight reservations prior to leaving for the airport, and anticipate disruptions to airport operation.
Copyright and Disclaimer