Various groups have scheduled several anti-corruption protests on Sunday, August 25, in several cities across Brazil. Protests include:
- Sao Paulo, Paulista Avenue and Peixoto Gomide at 14:00 (local time)
- Araçatuba, Pompey Avenue and Brasilia Avenue at 10:00
- Guaratinguetá, President Getúlio Vargas Avenue at 15:00
- Belo Horizonte, Liberty Square at 10:00
- Uberlândia, Tubal Vilela Square at 10:0
- Rio de Janeiro, Post 5 Copacabana at 10:00
Other protests should be expected in other urban centers across the country, including in Brasilia.
A heightened security presence and localized transportation disruptions are likely surrounding all protests.
Individuals in Brazil are advised to monitor developments to the situation, avoid all protests and demonstrations as a precaution, and adhere to all instructions issued by the local authorities.
Copyright and Disclaimer