Several civil society groups and non-profit organisations are planning protests against gender-based violence across Belgium on Monday, November 25, to coincide with the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women. Participants plan to gather in several cities, including:
- Brussels at 12:00 (local time) at place de Brouckère
- Louvain-la-Neuve at 12:45 at place de l'Agora
- Mons at 12:30 at the campus Plaine de Nimy
- Tournai at 17:00 at place Roger de la Pasture
- Namur at 12:00 at place du Palais de Justice
- Liège at 12:00 at place Saint-Lambert
Approximately 10,000 people participated in a similar protest in Brussels on Sunday, November 24. A heightened security presence and localized transportation disruptions are expected near all protest sites.
Individuals in Belgium are advised to monitor developments to the situation, avoid all protests and demonstrations as a precaution, anticipate transportation disruptions, and adhere to all instructions issued by local authorities.
Copyright and Disclaimer