Demonstrations have been planned nationwide on Saturday, September 26, with activists gathering in multiple urban centers calling for increased government support for residential care homes for the elderly, particularly during the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic. Reports indicate that protests have been planned in the following locations (all times local):
- Placa Sant Jaume in Barcelona at 12:00
- Plaza Botines in León at 12:00
- March from Puerta del Sol to the Ministry of Health in Madrid at 12:00
- Plaza Mayor in Valladolid at 12:00
- Plaza del Pilar in Zaragoza at 12:00
Further associated demonstrations in other cities are likely. Localized disruptions and a heightened security presence should be anticipated in the vicinity of all protests. Clashes between security forces and activists cannot be ruled out.
Those in Spain are advised to monitor developments, avoid demonstrations and political gatherings as a precaution, anticipate possible disruptions to transport, and adhere to all instructions issued by local authorities.
Copyright and Disclaimer