Members of Iran's Azeri community are planning to stage rallies in cities across the country on Thursday, October 1, to express support for Azerbaijan during ongoing cross-border clashes with Armenia. Activists have scheduled rallies from 17:00 (local time) in the following locations:
- Ardabil (Ardabil province): Shariati Square
- Tabriz (East Azerbaijan province): Rasta Kucha Square
- Tehran: Imam Hossein Square
- Urmia (West Azerbaijan province): The intersection of Imam Avenue and Ataiy Boulevard
- Zanjan (Zanjan province): Green Square
A heightened security presence and associated disruptions to travel is to be anticipated in the vicinity of the rallies.
Those in the above locations are advised to monitor developments, avoid large gatherings as a precaution, and adhere to all instructions issued by the local authorities.
Copyright and Disclaimer