Course Content and Duration
This 40-hour training provides students with the occupational and behavioural skills and attitude necessary to professionally function as a security officer, as required by provincial acts, regulations and in accordance with other legislation. The subjects covered provide future security guards with a sound basis to deal with their many on-the-job responsibilities. Upon completion of this training, the student will understand:
- Role and tasks of a security guard
- Customer service and professionalism
- Different types of communication
- Report writing and note-taking
- Patrolling procedures
- Alarm systems
- Traffic management
- Legal aspects of a security guard’s responsibilities
- Health and Safety
- Fire prevention and emergency procedures
- Use of Force Theory
- Access controls
- Labour conflicts and crisis management
- Emergency first aid protocols
Would you prefer to follow this course online? GardaWorld Campus also offers online security guard training!
- Be 18 years or older at the time of registration
- Have no criminal record
- Understand, read and write English
It's simple! All you need to do is visit our course calendar and choose your preferred schedule and location.
Contact us with your questions.